Friday, October 8, 2010

Baby Steps

I haven't been doing as great as I should have been. But I also know that I'm not the type of person that can make huge changes on my own (unless I was on The Biggest Loser.. Competing for money makes all the difference.) I had bought a huge canister of oatmeal at the store awhile back for some cookies for the kids, and it was B1G1 Free. So yesterday, I made a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. I added some pecans and sugar free syrup, and while it wasn't the best thing I've ever had, it wasn't that bad. I had another bowl today. And you know what, oatmeal really is as good as they say it is about filling you up. I didn't snack nearly as much as I usually do yesterday, and I haven't today either.

I know I need to make some other changes (especially when it comes to exercising) but I'm just not... No, I'm not doing that. I'm not going to make any more excuses. I need to do this. I'm going to start walking an additional 30 minutes every day. I walk about 15 minutes on weekdays now, taking my son to the bus, but starting tomorrow I'm going to take a 30 minute walk each day.

I've been fat all of my life, but I won't be fat for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment